Oh My Cocoa!

"Oh My Cocoa!" were the first words uttered by your Chocolate Priestess last night when she tried Wiseman House's Sipping Chocolate for the first time.  While I wanted to write more about our first Pilgrimage I was so thrilled by this drink that I had to share it with you, Sisters and Brothers.

The name Wiseman House should be familiar to you since they submitted four different offerings to The Chocolate Cult and this is the third I've revealed.  Their signature collection was revealed in May 2009 and their toffee back in September 2009.  This 16oz box of Sipping Chocolate is therefore the third revelationship from Wiseman House and the final one will be revealed through the witnessing of our future Chocolate Coffee or Mocha Acolyte, remember you only have until Thursday, November 19, 2009, to apply for this official position so check under "Contests" for how to enter.

Inside this box are three different types of solid chocolate pieces as  you can see in this picture.  Notice how they vary by color and size both.  The scene is difficult to describe because each type has a unique fragrance and they blended together, rising up to tempt me as soon as I cut open the sealed plastic bag.  The three types of chocolate are: Belgian dark chocolate, American milk Chocolate, and Venezualen chocolate none of which contain any artificial ingredients.

The instructions for making the sipping chocolate are very simply and yet they require your attention.  You add one cup boiling water to one cup of the chocolate, 1:1 ratio!  I wanted to see how much volume of chocolate was in this 16oz so I measured while I put 3 cups of water in a kettle to boil.  Volume and weight are not the same thing and in this case 16oz of chocolates was about 3 cups in volume or the same amount of water I'd be adding since this was for my entire household to enjoy.

Every now and then, we do "science" in our kitchen and that's what we did when the Milk Chocolate Acolyte slowly added the boiling water to the chocolates while I whisked it .  I made sure to whisk slowly and scrap the chocolate from the sides as I did so. As you can see the melting of the three chocolates make a nice rich color which smelled almost like melted chocolate.  It poured thickly into cups, the box recommend Espresso cups and we soon discovered why.

This is very intense and rich chocolate.  The first words out of my mouth were "Oh, My Cocoa!" and my eyes immediately rolled back in my head and my body shuddered with ecstasy.  The chocolate buzz built up rapidly, flooding my mind, unchallenged by any sugar or fat reaction because this was purer chocolate with less of those added ingredients than most chocolate beverages I've ever had.  Now I thought one of the hot cocoas I had on the Pilgrimage was excellent but this Wiseman House Sipping Chocolate blew that away.  If this is too intense for you as the directions say to mix it, as long as  you add in boiling water you can tone it down until it's like the finest hot cocoa you may have ever had.  Even then it was too much for the White Chocolate Acolyte so this isn't to everyone's taste.

Let me be very clear: This is Intense.  You do not need large quantities of it and if you insist on drinking a lot of it you will be flying which may be your choice if you using the Sacred Substance to heighten your body-mind-soul connection.  There is nothing wrong with soaring with the aid of Cocoa but make sure you are in a safe place to do that and have water and a place to safely sit and process it all when you finally come down.  Don't rush yourself whatever you do, enjoy it and use it to relax.  Please do check out Wiseman House again to see how they can help you do just that.

Sisters and Brothers, may you too take the time to slowly appreciate what the Divine and human ingenuity have offered you in chocolate.

Comments

Cacao-Me said…
oh my i gotta get me some because i love drinking chocolate. i have some christopher elbow drinking chocolate that i'm enjoying now and consider excellent. will need to get an order in to wiseman house now to give it a try. thanks.
Give the Christopher Elbow place this website and maybe they'll send me some to compare.