I am opening a new position within the Cult with the official title of “Chocolate Coffee Acolyte.” Please read the requirements and how to apply below. If you think you are qualified and you want to join us, follow the directions.
Requirements for the Chocolate Coffee Acolyte:
1. Must have a fondness for chocolate and coffee together.
2. Must live in or near enough to Bloomington, Indiana that you can assist The Chocolate Priestess a few times a year for special coconut sacrament reviews.
3. Must have reliable transportation so you can get to these review meetings.
4. Must be at ease with eating chocolate and writing about it using all five senses. Don't worry, the Chocolate Priestess will guide you through this and you have seen the Witnessing of our Chocolate Coconut Acolyte.
The winner will have their views of chocolate and coffee published on The Chocolate Cult, receive free samples of all products they are asked to test for this purpose, and enjoy one-on-one testing led by The Chocolate Priestess to ensure the integrity of the reviews. No other monetary or product compensation is offered, and all reviews will become the property of The Chocolate Cult/The Chocolate Priestess.
A formal agreement between the newly chosen Chocolate Coffee Acolyte and The Chocolate Cult/The Chocolate Priestess will be presented to the winner for her or his acceptance or rejection. If the first place winner rejects the agreement, the position will be offered to the next place winner until the position is filled.
How to Apply:
1. Join The Chocolate Cult at http://thechocolatecult.blogspot.com/ — you must be a visible follower, not anonymous.
2. Post a comment to this announcement where you describe in 200 words or less why you think chocolate and coffee make a great combination and why you want to aid The Chocolate Cult by becoming an Acolyte.
3. Makes sure the name you use to write this comment has an email attached to it that I can find easily by clicking on it. If I cannot contact you by Noon on November 20th, you won't be in the running.
4. The top 2-3 Postulants will be contacted for a taste test on Saturday, November 21, 2009, at the home of the Chocolate Priestess who will provide the chocolate coffee products to be used.
5. Voting then will happen the following week with the new Acolyte chosen by November 26, 2009 so she or he can begin their Witnessing on December 1, 2009.
Because of the holiday season, the pace of this process is much quicker it was for our Chocolate Coconut Acolyte. If you cannot meet these deadlines, please do not apply. If you have any desire to apply do so ASAP. The application period will last for 7 days from the posting of this information or from November 13, 2009 through November 19, 2009.
Good luck! We have a busy holiday season here at The Chocolate Cult and both all Acolytes may be busy though not nearly as busy as your Chocolate Priestess.
Sisters and Brothers, may you too take the time to slowly appreciate what the Divine and human ingenuity have offered you in chocolate.