Muscle Building Chocolate?

I found this Muscle Milk Light "Chocolate Peanut Caramel" bar at Target on sale so I purchased one so I could reveal it to you.  Inside this white plastic-foil wrapper is a 3.25 X 1.25 X 1 inch bar with oozing caramel out of the sides.  It has a very caramel smell with a strong cocoa scent. Cocoa powder is low on the ingredients list however.  This 1.59oz bar has 170 calories composed of 4g saturated fat, 105mg sodium, 110mg potassium, 4g dietary fiber , 9g sugars, 15g protein, 2% iron and 8% calcium though it says on the wrapper “Zero Lactose” so I'm not completely sure where the calcium comes from unless it is purposely added.  Wrapper also says this is a “Smart Hunger Control” but I’m having it for breakfast myself and I'll see how long the hunger control lasts.

The bar is very difficult to take a bite from, very thick, firm, and a bit chewy at the same time. You’ll build jaw muscles by chewing, it even sticks to my teeth.  It starts off sweet and chocolaty but as I keep chewing the tastes turns very bitter.   Inside is a very firm brownie like section which makes up maybe 85% of the bar, with a few peanuts and caramel on top. While it looks a lot like a candy bar, the taste turning so bitter isn’t candy like at all. This is unlikely to be something I’d buy again but I’m glad I tried it once for all of you, Sisters and Brothers.

Sisters and Brothers, may you too take the time to slowly appreciate what the Divine and human ingenuity have offered you in chocolate.

Comments