Cupcake Birthday 2010

Your Chocolate Priestess had a great two day celebration of her 41st birthday this past weekend on both Saturday (her actual birthday) and then with a huge two-part party on Sunday.

I'm fine with cake but usually I don't think that cakes are as chocolaty as I really want them to be.  Brownies tend to taste more chocolaty to me and they can be made two ways: fudge or cake.  I think the fudge variety is more chocolaty but for some reason even the cake version tastes more like our Sacred Substance than a cake does to me. 

So I told my guys that I wanted dark chocolate brownies but since I recently bought a brownie decorating book I wanted something else done with them.  At first I wanted them cut into both teddy bear and heart shapes.  Using cookie cutters to trace around meant that the fudge variety, which is lower and firmer than the cake variety was required for this party.

The White Chocolate Acolyte baked them, two boxes actually in two 9 by 13 inch glass pans.  Then the Milk Chocolate Acolyte took the task of cutting then decorating them.  I'll put a bigger photo below so you can see more details.  He melted 2 boxes of Baker's White Chocolate squares and one box of their semi-sweet variety and spooned the melted chocolate over the brownies.  As you can see it was very thick.  Then he tried to use a stencil he made from wax paper to put heart in light green sprinkles on top.  Soon however he says he went for a brownie that was too warm and the stencil was messed up and he was frustrated.



I think they looked beautiful, don't you?  I mean, I'm the one who does most of the cooking and baking in our household, maybe 90% of it so I'm pleased when the guys try.  And to be honest, I don't have either the hand strength nor the patience to really decorate what I bake very well.

They tasted so GOOD!  Very dark and fudgy.  Even one guest who doesn't normally like brownies said she thought these were awesome.

Of course I did get other chocolate related items for my birthday but I'll talk about those in a later post.  Get ready, Sisters and Brothers, we are soon to embark on the Halloween Treat Challenge for this year.  It is not too late for you to get your favorite chocolatiers and candy makers involved so spread the word but do it quickly.

Comments

Billy said…
Looks interesting!!!
Hi, Billy. Welcome to The Chocolate Cult and thanks for leaving a comment. We love comments. I hope you keep returning because Saturdays are our Sacraments and we do very intense featured reviews that day. Sometimes during the week as well.
mavido79 said…
Those brownies look positively yummy! Kudos to the guys for making such a wonderful treat. Sorry I missed the party but I was thinking of you and nibbled on really good chocolate to celebrate in abstentia
We missed you, too, mavido79. But you'll be around on the 8th and I will have some chocolates to give you then.