King Reese's Trees for Christmas

I grew up loving Reese's peanut butter cups and over the years there have been dozens of "new" products which are basically the cups in different forms with different chocolates. I've reviewed some of these since The Chocolate Cult started but when I recently went shopping I saw something new packaging one sale that I had to try.  The King Size package gave me two tree shaped Reese's for the price of one of them in most store in our area, including the one I bought this in, Kroger.

The trees are 2.5 inches long and 1.25 inches at their width, with a thickness of 0.75 inches.  They have a very strong peanut scent with only a light milk chocolate.  I also know from experience that this will be true for the taste as well but I'm OK with this since this brings back childhood memories.  I always start at the top of the tree much like I start with the head of any human or animal figure in candy.  This had a surprisingly salty taste I was not expecting, an almost burnt taste actually as it lingers in my mouth.  The lightness of the chocolate can't fight this unpleasant taste at all.

While I know this certainly isn't the best chocolate and peanut butter combination I've ever had, Reese's is something I grew up with so I like to indulge once or twice a year. I just wish this had tasted better because over all I was disappointed this year.

Comments

Cacao-Me said…
I love Reese peanut butter cups also. Too bad the Christmas tree form didn't add to the sweetness of this season.
Yes, I was very surprised, Cacao-Me. I don't know if the individual ones might taste different but why would they?

Then again I had an Easter treat from Reese's once, a Reester Bunny -- argh -- that was too sweet but the egg shaped ones were fine a few years back.