Size Less Important than Chocolate

Your Chocolate Priestess has reviewed Keebler products before.  Like many of you, I grew up familiar with and eating the "elf-made" treats.  After my Conversion from Chocolate as an Addiction to Chocolate as Sacrament, there have been some Keebler treats that still are good enough for me.  Sadly, today, I'm going to talk about some that just can't make the cut here on The Chocolate Cult.

I remember Fudge Sticks.  Do you remember them?  Covered with fudge, these layers of wafers and cream were a treat.  They made a little noise and certainly got your sugar rushing.  Recently I saw in our local Kroger that there was a new type of Fudge Stick out, a Jumbo variety that came in two flavors.  They were on sale as a 2 for 1 deal plus I had coupons so I thought I'd give them a try.


The original come in only one variety but the jumbo ones have a peanut butter version so I tried both as well as the original so I could compare them.  As you can see in this photo that are certainly larger.  The original sticks measure 2.75 X 0.75 X 3/8 inches while the jumbos are 4.5 X 7/8 X 5/8 inches in dimensions.  Clearly larger but does larger mean better?  The ingredients aside from the peanut butter are identical so in terms of flavor they really are about the same.  You can feel like you are eating more either because it is one big individually wrapped treat or three of the original ones.

In every case though I really couldn't taste the chocolate.  Oh, I see something that looks like chocolate but the boxes never claim this is chocolate only that that they have "100% Real Cocoa".  Cocoa can create a very chocolate treat, most cakes, cookies and brownies use cocoa not chocolate itself for example.  However, I noted that on each list of ingredients cocoa fell under the "less than 2%" category.  The result is a truly disappointing treat that I won't be buying again.

Comments