Chocolate Planner for August 2012

August gets very hot and often humid in ever city or town I've ever lived in.  Other than ice cream not much chocolaty was around but there are several fun food holidays for the coming month that you could celebrate with chocolate either because it is cooler where you live or it is just so hot you might as well use the stove or oven.


August 2 = National Ice Cream Sandwich Day -- Wait aren't we at the end of an entire month for ice cream?  This day must be in the wrong month.

August 5 = National Waffle Day -- I've made chocolate ones, I've added chocolate to waffles, what about you?

August 6, 1826 = Birthday of Joseph Storrs Fry II -- I'll do a post about him.

August 10 = National S’mores Day; also the birthday of Henri Nestlé -- I'll do a post about this man as well.

August 12 = John Cadbury Birthday (1801-1889) -- This one, too.  August saw the birth of several historical chocolate figures it looks like.

August 18 = National Soft Serve Ice Cream Day -- Again another "in the wrong month" fun food holiday.  July, folks, July.

August 20 = National Chocolate Pecan Pie Day -- Here we go, specifically for a chocolate pecan pie... I saw celebrate both days with chocolate.

August 24 = National Waffle Day -- Two fun food holidays with the same label in the same month?  Crazy.  I'll try to figure this out for you.

August 27 = National Pots de Crème Day -- I have never made these.  You know if this date was in the winter I would promise to try to make them.

August 30 = National Toasted Marshmallow Day -- When I think marshmallows I still think chocolate...

Comments