Tomorrow is National Muffin Day

Since tomorrow is also our Saturday Sacrament, I have to get this product review out the day before.  That's OK because if you like what you read, you can go out and find it yourself and make your own Chocolate Chip Muffins.  I found this Krusteaz One Step Muffin Mix for Chocolate Chip muffins in my local Kroger -- it was on sale, I had a coupon, my family might like it, plus I hadn't reviewed it yet for you all, Sisters and Brothers.  Seemed like a good idea to give it a try.  I actually tried this back in January of this year but since I can pre-write reviews, why shouldn't I?  If I get busy as the year goes on, I always have posts in the schedule to reassure myself that I'm not ignoring you too much.

This is a add water and shake sort of mix; I've never tried this before so this was an adventure in the kitchen.  To complicate matters this was when my left arm was still injured so I knew I'd have to do most things with just one arm and hand.  That's OK because I'm not and I'm not fatigued as easily as you might think by looking at me.

It was very easy to use.  Add in 1/2 cup tap water, shake for 60 seconds, then pour into the pre-slicked 6 muffin tin.  This only makes 6 muffins unlike a traditional mix in a box that generally makes 12-18 muffins in my experience.  The greatest difficulty came with filling muffin number 6 because some of the batter stayed in the tube.  Luckily I have a long yet small scraper that I used to get all of the batter out that I could which resulted in 6 fairly equally sized muffins. I baked it for the minimum time of 15 and it was done in my oven.

There were tiny semi-sweet chocolate chips throughout the mix made with chocolate liquor and cocoa butter both.  There are also wheat, milk, eggs, and soy for those of you with allergies.  I think they looked good but a bit on the small size of an average muffin, don't you?  They also tasted very balanced between the sweet, the bitter, and the savory that I like in such muffins.  The chips kept their shapes well until you bit into one or touched it and then it melted.  Yes, I do eat my muffins a bit warm still.  Don't you?

So how will you celebrate National Muffin Day tomorrow?

Comments