Chocolate Rice Crispies Treats

Today is "National Rice Krispies Day" where we celebrate the marshmallow and crispy rice treat that I'm sure most of our American readers have had.  I wanted to do something different and to use up some leftover Marou chocolate bars I had on hand during the too-hot-to-bake summer.  I've been working to lose weight and so I wanted to do something that chocolate but in some way lower calories so I cut out the marshmallows entirely and made what are sort of homemade crispy rice candy bars.  I made two versions and I want you, Sisters and Brothers, to tell me which sounds better to you and if they qualify today's fun food holiday or not.

Dark Homemade Crispy Rice Treat Ingredients
     4 cups crispy rice
     1.75 Marou bars (any variety)
     4 T butter (I used "I can't believe it's not butter!)

Pour the crispy rice into a 11 X 13 pan (I used a glass pan).

Melt the "butter" over low heat then add in broken up chocolate bars.  Stir continually until completely blended.  Mix into crispy rice and spread along bottom of 11 X 13 pan. Refrigerate for 30 minutes then cut into pieces (I did 24 pieces) then serve.

Milk Homemade Crispy Rice Treat Ingredients
     4 cups crispy rice
     1 bag Wilton light cocoa candy melt

Pour the crispy rice into a 11 X 13 pan (I used a glass pan).

Melt the Wilton per instructed then mix into crispy rice and spread along bottom of 11 X 13 pan. Refrigerate for 30 minutes then cut into pieces (I did 24 pieces) then serve.

Enjoy!

Comments