by: TammyJo Eckhart, PhD
1 bag of 55% Organic Semi-Sweet Dark Chocolate Chips from Pascha Chocolate
1 stick light butter, salted, brought to room temperature
1/2 cup all natural, no sugar added, applesauce
6 T liquid egg substitute
1 T vanilla extract
1/2 cup boiling water with 1 T baking soda dissolved in it
1/2 cup Xylitol sweetener
1/2 cup Splenda brown sugar blend, firmly packed
208 g rice flour
1 T baking powder
1. Preheat oven to 325°F because of the lower heating times for the sugars and the flour.
2. Measure out all of your ingredients and set up an electric mixer; I use a standing one myself.
3. Mix together all of the wet ingredients until well blended. I recommend cutting up the butter into 1/2 T pieces.
4. Add in the raw cacao powder and mix on medium speed stopping to scrape the bowl at least twice. It takes a while the cocoa powder to be fully blended into the wet ingredients.
5. Add in the rice flour and treat it as you did step 4. This will blend faster but be sure to scrape the bowl or mix thoroughly.
6. Add in the chips and mix them in until they are spread fairly evenly around the dough.
7. Place spoonfuls of the dough on greased cookie sheet about two inches apart.
8. Bake for 11 minutes depending on your oven.
9. Take out of oven and remove from cookie sheet to cool on a paper covered table or countertop for at least 5 minutes
10. Eat! The inside should be fluffy and the chips should be melty even after they cool down.
There you go, our final recipe with Pascha 55% Chocolate Chips. What did you think? My testers -- all six of us -- loved these chips. They kept their shape and yet even eight hours after baking had a melty quality to them as soon as you bit into one or let one set in your mouth. They were a perfect balance of dark and sweet, too. One tester loved them so much that she picked them out of the cookies to eat solo! These definitely earn our Sacrament status!