Our 24th Annual Holiday Party is on the 18th of December this year, a bit late for us, but this gives us time to decorate and make food without a panic. In theory at least. However most of the food I'm making are baked goods so I can't make them more than a few days before. But I can make candy in advance so just minutes ago I made Chocolate Walnut Clusters as an experiment. Here are my results.
By: TammyJo Eckhart
2 Packages of Baker's Semi-Sweet Chocolate
2 Packages of Baker's White Chocolate
3 tsp coconut oil
4 Cups chopped walnuts
1. Line two cupcake pans with foil holders so you have 24 liners ready for your candy. I used penguin designed ones for our holiday party because penguins like the snow.
2. Measure out the coconut oil and add it to a large microwave safe bowl. Break apart all of the chocolate and add that to the bowl.
3. Microwave on HIGH for 1 minute then stir. Keep microwaving at 30 seconds intervals and keep stirring until smooth.
4. Stir in the chopped walnuts 1 cup at a time. There should be a lot of chocolate to thoroughly cover the nuts and create a foundation for the candies.
5. Spoon the nut chocolate mixture into the cups trying to spread the candy out evenly. Each candy will be 212 calories... I know that is a lot but this is for a party not for everyday consumption.
6. Set in refrigerator for approximately an hour then you can transfer the candies into an airtight conditioner to store until you are ready to serve them. These should last for a month or more as long as you store them properly.