Trio of Unjunked Candy

For my birthday this year I didn't get much chocolate and that's fine.  But one friend, Erica, gave me a trio of treats from the new Unjunked line of candies from the UNREAL company.  I've seen these around in our local Kroger and online it looks like there are five varieties they currently put out.  I had three now to try and I want to share them with you all today: peanut butter cup, candy coated chocolates, and candy coated chocolates with peanuts.

UNREAL77
These each have a name that is a bit different.  Let's start with the peanut butter cups called UNREAL77. First thing I noticed is that there is no paper wrapper on these, only a paper liner.  These have a very simple, sweet roasted peanut butter and milk chocolate taste to them.  The chocolate is not waxy tasting nor particularly shiny but I think the simpleness is what makes it more fulfilling.  In fact, I start to feel a slight cocoa buzz that I never get from many mainstream peanut butter cups.

UNREAL41


Next let's turn to the two candy coated chocolates called UNREAL 54 with peanuts and UNREAL41 without peanuts.


UNREAL54
Let's compare these to the mainstream versions of these same candies as well as to each other.  As you can see, the six colors are more muted in tone, the pieces are about the same or slightly smaller than other candies of a similar type.  However there is an unpleasant aftertaste to the 41 pack, an overly strong sweetness that lingers that is overwhelmed by the whole peanuts in the 54 pack.

Have you tried the Unjunked candies from UNREAL?


Comments