|Smaller Dark Chocolate Hazelnut Clusters|
By TammyJo Eckhart, PhD
22 ounces of chopped hazelnuts
22 ounces of dark chocolate
1 tsp coconut oil (optional depending on the type of chocolate you use and the weather)
1. Break up the dark chocolate and place the pieces into a large microsafe bowl.
2. Microwave chocolate for 1 minute and stir. Then microwave for another minute and stir again. Then microwave at 30 second intervals until the chocolate is smooth when stirred. Add in coconut oil and microwave for 15 seconds and stir until it is all smooth.
3. Stir in the hazelnuts until they are entirely coated with the melted chocolate.
|Dark Chocolate Coated Hazelnuts|
4. Place silicone muffin cups or muffin pans onto a sturdy baking sheet. This will make it easier to move the treats.
5. Spoon into silicone muffins cups. I used both large and medium sized cups and ended up with 36 treats, 24 medium and 12 large.
|Silicone Muffin Pan with Clusters|
6. Place the filled silicone muffin cups into the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
7. Take the cold treats out of the refrigerator. Apply gentle pressure onto the backs of the silicone muffin cups and the treats should pop out easily. Store in an airtight container until you want to serve them.