Chocolate Fondue

For our last featured review of 2012 we want you to think back to May of the year when we hosted a Lindt R.S.V.P. party.  One of the things Melanie gave me for hosting was a fondue recipe and two chocolate bars to make it with.  This was the Milk Extra Creamy 3.5oz bar and the 70% Cocoa Smooth Dark 3.5oz bar.  To this you add in 6oz cream, heavy, light, or half and half.

I made ours right in the fondue pot starting the cream on 250°F until it started to boil then I added in the chocolate one square at a time, alternating between the milk and the dark chocolate until it was all smooth.  Then I turned our pot down to "warm" only so the chocolate couldn't burn or scorch.





We tried it with apple slices but found that the chocolate didn't want to stick very well.  Dipping half a piece and letting it set in the chocolate helped that a bit.





Then were tried it with pound cake and even though my hubby cut the pieces a bit large, it was great tasting.  The chocolate soaked in a bit on these cake pieces, almost the opposite of how it behaved with the apples.

The chocolate melted very easily and blended very well.  The result still tasted dark and it was easy to remelt later since we filled up once but wanted it again later.  It made a nice Christmas treat for us.  Fun to make and eat together, I think you should all try it out when you have some romantic time alone.  Check out Melanie's site to order your own components for your own fondue.

Comments

It was pretty good.

I'm thinking of trying it with two other bars so I can use up the cream and while we're still on break between semesters.

So much to juggle now that I'm teaching again.

Thanks for reading and commenting, Elizabeth. I hope you come back.
Syed Asim Ali said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
I had to delete the comments from Asim Ali who basically posted an advertisement with the exact same wording even (like I wouldn't notice?) on three different posts.