Chocolate Soufflé the Wolfgang Puck Way

In honor of "National Chocolate Soufflé Day" I want to share the best chocolate soufflé I've ever had with you all, Sisters and Brothers. Back in December, December 10, 2013 to be exact, my partner of 14 years and I spent our final night in Las Vegas at the MGM Grand in the Wolfgang Puck Bar and Grill. For us this was an expensive last meal, what we hoped would be a great way to end a week long vacation that had both of our feet aching.  The photo to the right is from their website because my own photo turned out to be too blurry to be useful.

We had a special deal for a buy one get one free entree that I had earned while I was researching our trip over the course of a few months.  You know, Sisters and Brothers, how I research things. My partner called to make our reservations and he told them that this was for an anniversary.  We were so surprised when they bought out his dessert -- Vanilla Bean Creme Brulee with this message written on it in chocolate and I think raspberry sauce.  Isn't that sweet?

To top that off, and well beyond anything we could or should have expected, they credited us for one of the desserts so I think I got my Chocolate Soufflé for free.  This was a artistic production.  The server brought it out and he asked if he could prepare it for me.  I agreed because I was curious as to what that meant.  He broke in the top of the soufflé and then added the chocolate sauce, the vanilla bean ice cream, the whipped cream, and more chocolate sauce.  I had to take a photo -- didn't he do a great job?  The soufflé was crispy on the outside and very light and deeply chocolatey inside.  The sauce added extra cocoay flavors and more heat while the vanilla bean had a kick to it and the cream just smoothed it all out.  It smelled like the best brownies of my life with each bite.  It was a pleasure for all of my senses.

I whole-heartedly recommend the Wolfgang Puck Bar and Grill at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.  I can't promise that the Chocolate Soufflé at any of their other locations would be as wonderful or presented as well but if you've had it please do leave a comment and let us know what you thought.  To the left is my slightly blurry photo of how the external wall was decorated for the winter holidays while we were there.  It hid the place fairly well so I'm glad we checked it out a few days earlier to find it.  We made reservations on Friday for a Monday evening and it was needed so make sure if you want to go, you call a few days ahead to see if you can get in.  This gets Sacrament Status from me and I hope you will find them and give them a try, too, then report back on what you thought.

Comments

Unknown said…
how sweet! I think that sometimes in the restaurant business, people forget how important guest service is to creating great lifelong memories. I have a wonderful frozen chocolate soufflé recipe if you ever want to try.
We could use that as a way to get an interview about your career on here, Gina!