Slow-Cooker Chocolate Monkey Bread. I also made a regular monkey bread in the slow-cooker to try first and because we have a heretic here in my house who claims he doesn't like chocolate (he'll eat it by the way all the while claiming he doesn't like it; weirdo). I made several changes to the recipes so I'm going to put my changes below so if you compare you can see the difference. The result is a treat that is a bit lower in calories but still tastes good despite being made in a crockpot.
Crock-Pot Chocolate Chip Monkey Bread
2/3 cups light brown sugar
1/2 cup butter
1/4 cup zero calorie sugar substitute, the fluffier the better
1 can Pillsbury Grands! Cinnamon Rolls
1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
1. Spray the bottom and about 1/3 up on the sides of a crock-pot or slow cooker.
2. Place white sugar into a plastic bag that you and seal and shake.
4. Cut butter into 8ths and add it and the brown sugar to a microwavable bowl. Microwave uncovered for two minutes stopping every 30 seconds to vigorously stir it. Be careful it will get very hot.
5. Sprinkle the dark chocolate chips over the rolls then top with the syrup. The Syrup thickens up quickly so pour quickly.
7. You can turn the rolls out onto a plate or spoon them out. Let cool for at least 20 minutes before eating because the syrup will still be very hot though most of it should be soaked into the roll quarters. Number of servings depends on how many quarters you eat but each was around 97 calories so not a low-calorie treat once you start eating them.
8. Any leftovers should be stored in an airtight container but you need to eat these within a few days or they will get hard.