Mrs. Freshley's Double Chocolate Mini Donut Sundaes Recipe Tested

Today we have a second ice cream related recipe from Mrs. Freshley's, a brand you may find in your local grocery stores in the USA, we have them in ours. The is their "Double Chocolate Mini Donut Sundaes" recipe.  It looks very easy to follow so it could be a good hands-on recipe to share with a family or group of friends.  I tried these out with group of four adults one evening this past week.

Like the Mrs. Freshley's brownies that we used last weekend these double chocolate mini donuts are made with cocoa process with and without alkali, in this case in the donut itself and this confectionary coating over each.  Also like the brownies these have a lot of chemicals listed in the ingredients.


They were a bit mushed together in the bag and so when I took them out I had to cut most of them free to make the bottom half of the sundae. I would hope that this was a factor of how I was sent them because I recall them being this way when I've seen their products on the grocery store shelves.



I used a cookie scoop to get the ice cream since it created a smaller mound of ice cream than my regular ice cream scoop.  I don't think you want to overwhelm the donut with too much ice cream. I used a three different ice cream flavors -- vanilla, chocolate, and cookie dough-- and pre-made the donut-ice cream scoop set-up for a get together with friends.  I placed the ice cream topped mini donuts back into the freezer so we could us take them out and decorate to each person's taste later.

Then each person could choose a topping -- chocolate fudge, butterscotch, or caramel - plus sprinkles (made specifically for sundaes with mini chocolate chips and cherries/bananas sugar candies) if they wanted.  This proved to not be too messy to put together as it might have been if everyone were competing for the cookie scoop.  Just like the brownies we covered last weekend the donut were very hard coming out of the freezer. It took a few minutes for them to warm up enough to be cut through though everyone tried to just pick them up and eat the by hand.  Messy but not nearly as messy as the ice cream sandwiches had been.  All three of my testers went back for more; I stuck to one of each ice cream variety topping which is 3/4 of a serving of the Mrs. Freshley Double Chocolate Mini Donuts.

There you have it, Sisters and Brothers, our second ice cream recipe using Mrs. Freshley's baked treats.  I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

Comments

elizabeth said…
Wow, these look amazing!
Thanks, Elizabeth. they were easier to make than their ice cream sandwiches!