Wednesday, January 21, 2015
Raw Cacao Granola Crumble Recipe
by TammyJo Eckhart
1 cup Imperial Margarine
1/2 cup Splenda Brown Sugar
1/4 cup zero calories white sugar substitute
1/2 cup egg whites
2 tsp real vanilla extract (that I made myself)
1/2 cup whole wheat all-purpose flour
1 cup unsweetened raw cacao powder (I used the Viva Labs Organic, Non-GMO, Raw Cacao Powder, 16 oz. Pouch brand)
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp iodized salt
2 cups old fashioned oats
1 cup chocolate flavored granola (I used Bear Naked Granola Heavenly Chocolate -- 12 oz Each brand)
1. Cut up margarine in to pieces and let set in your standup mixer while you gather all the other ingredients and preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Spray a 13 X 9 X 2 inch pan with baking spray.
2. Add sugars to the margarine and beat well for 3 minutes until creamy. Add in egg whites and vanilla and beat again until well blended.
3. Add in baking soda and salt, mixing well into the creamed ingredients.
4. Mix in flour and cacao powder until you cannot see any light colors.
5. Add in the oats and granola; make sure the granola is in very small pieces so it spreads throughout the mixture.
6. Bake for 25 minutes, check with toothpick to make sure it comes out clean before you remove to cool.
7. Allow to cool completely then cut into pieces. I cut mine into 32 bars so each had under 200 calories in them. NOT a low calorie food.
NOTE: These bars will not stay bars, they crumble in to pieces as you start to eat but they are designed that way, much like granola is so you might want to use a spoon or your fingers to eat.