Dark Golden Graham Goodies
1/4 C Light Corn Syrup
4 T Imperial Margarine (I wanted to not use margarine or butter but the chips are so dark that you really do need the extra oils)
1 15oz jar of Natural Creamy Peanut Butter
1 8.8oz bag of Pascha 85% Cacao Bitter-Sweet Dark Chocolate Chips
4 heaping cups of Golden Graham cereal
1) Lightly grease or spray a 2X9X13 inch page.
3) Cut up margarine into small pieces and add to the peanut butter and corn syrup. Turn up the heat just slightly then stir until thoroughly mixed and smooth.
4) Pour in the chocolate chips and stir quickly until well melted. You may need help with the next steps.
5) Add in the cereal one cup at a time making sure to blend it well so that as much of it as possible is covered with the chocolate and peanut butter.
6) Pour the cereal mixture into the greased pan and smooth out as much as possible.
7) Store pan in the refrigerator for 1.5-2 hours. Remove and cut into bars; I cut mine into 32 bars and each one had about 162 calories.
8) You can store the treats either in the refrigerator or on your counter with a lid depending on the weather and how you like them -- cold or room temperature.
9) Make sure you have something to drink with these because the bitter-sweet chocolate will dry out your mouth.
There you have it, more great baking chocolate chips from Pascha earning this Canadian company yet another Sacrament Status here on The Chocolate Cult. 85% Cacao Chips may be intense for many of you but if you combine it with other ingredients as we did in this treats it can be a wonderful addition to your pantry and your cooking repertoire.