Where's the Thanksgiving Chocolate?

In nine days, if you live in the USA, you are likely to be celebrating Thanksgiving. This has become a holiday of feasting more than feeling thankful. Yet, can you think of Thanksgiving chocolate? Is there a chocolatey dessert you associate with this holiday? Let's talk about it and I do want you to leave your comments and let me know what you think.

When I was reaching out to brand talking to them about Halloween, some said, we're already working on our Christmas (or other December holidays) products. Not a one mentioned Thanksgiving.

Yet if I look for Thanksgiving Chocolate I can find items but generally you have to order them online. The few items I find that are Thanksgiving tend to be turkey shaped however one could make molded chocolates into all types of shapes such as cornucopia, pumpkins, and other food items. You could even simply have "Happy Thanksgiving" or similar messages on chocolate. We've tried spicy chocolates that use some of the same flavors we think of as part of Thanksgiving seasonings like cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger so holiday themed creations are possible if you want to make them appropriately flavored.

I went looking at my local Kroger, Aldis, and Target to see if I could find any Thanksgiving themed chocolate goodies. By and large, the theme is more "autumn" or "fall" not Thanksgiving.

Here are my questions to you, reader. Why aren't there more Thanksgiving chocolate? Would you buy it if it were readily available in your area stores?

Comments

WriterLisaKaye said…
Starting with the very first question, there are two chocolatey desserts I associate with Thanksgiving. The first is known as a Texas Sheetcake. Growing up we always celebrated Thanksgiving with my dad's family and one of my older cousins always brought this dessert. I'm not crazy about nuts in chocolate but this was always a welcomed treat. Currently I celebrate with a small group of friends and am always in charge of desserts. A few of the friends aren't crazy about pumpkin so I also make a pan of brownies for the chocolate lovers.

I have never understood why chocolatiers don't make Thanksgiving treats. Would chocolate turkeys and pilgrim hats really be all that much different than chocolate Santas and bunnies?

Would I eat them if they were available? Yes.
I have ordered some Thanksgiving themed chocolates online before to give as gifts to the friends we celebrate with in the past but it has been a challenge to find. I'd mold my own if I had the proper shapes to do so.