Are You Ready for National Toblerone Day?

March 24th will be National Toblerone Day so to help you all get ready, I'm going to share a new Toblerone product that I was sent via the Amazon Vine program to review (this article is a bonus and I received no other compensation for my honest sharing of my experiences). This is the Toblerone Tiny which is a 7+ ounce box with three varieties of the candy -- white, milk, and dark, in little bars that only weigh about 8 grams a piece. This is candy, the brand makes no claims otherwise, but it is high quality candy in terms of the chocolate with it using no added fats and both chocolate mass and cocoa butter. Four pieces equal a serving with 170 calories but in my testing I only had one of each piece. Let's look at these tiny bars. We'll start with the white and work our way through the milk and dark bars. 


Toblerone Tiny White
The box that I was sent has seven White Toblerone Tiny pieces. This has a strong vanilla and cream scent to it, what I would expect from Swiss white chocolate; I'm not getting almond or honey. The mountainous sections make it easy to take a bite. Inside are small pieces of almond honey nougat that are a bit sticky and crunchy as I chew that bite. The primary flavor is that white chocolate leaning toward vanilla with each bite. I think white chocolate candy lovers would really enjoy this.


Toblerone Tiny Milk
The majority of the Toblerone Tiny were nine pieces of the Milk variety. This has a strong sweet scent to it, in fact, I even get hints of honey but no chocolate fragrance which is disappointing but not surprising either given this is candy and I find that Swiss milk chocolate is more milky and sweet than cacao in scent. The honey flavor is dominant when I take a bite and chew it. The almond flavor also builds up with each chew. The chocolate flavors builds up a bit but not much. 


Toblerone Tiny Dark
There were eight Dark Toblerone Tiny candies in the box I received and, as dark lover, I'm eager to see how these taste. This has a chocolate scent to it so I can tell it has a lot more chocolate mass, and less or no milk in it though that detailed level of nutritional information is not listed on the box. But when I take a bite, the first flavor is honey though it quickly fades as the darker chocolate kicks in before the honey returns strongly. I was not expecting that complexity of flavors and that makes this the most interesting variety in this box.


Toblerone Tinys

If you like Swiss quality chocolate that is creamy and the added flavors of honey and almonds then you probably already know about Toblerone. If you don't know about them or haven't tried them, this box is a great way to sample them and to share them with others.


Have you tried Toblerone? Does this tiny version make you more likely to try it? Leave a comment and let me know.

Comments