Happy National Donut or Doughnut Day 2020!

National Donut/Doughnut Day

If you are staying home during this 2020 pandemic (like you should if you can in most of the world), you may wonder how to celebrate some fun food holidays. Today I'm going to share how I am celebrating one such foodie day.

Today is National Doughnut/Donut Day and I'm lucky enough that I have three ways to make these treats at home. I could fry them but honestly one of the reason I make donuts is to control the fat, cholesterol, and calories so why would I do that?

Instead I bake them using one of two methods:

baking pans in two sizes, regular and mini,


or an electronic mini donut maker.


Today I got up a bit earlier than normal to bake some doughnuts! I used my mini donut maker so I'm not heating up the house unnecessarily because it is going to get near 90°F today.

I also tried out this cookbook -- The Easy Baked Donut Cookbook by Sara Mellas -- but I won't publish a review of that until later when I also share what my donuts look like. To see them earlier, follow me on Instagram or Twitter. To just test it out and to give my family donuts that they will like, I cut the recipes down to just 25% because I did not need 50+ mini donuts of each of the two varieties that I made. I also substituted out for the sourcream which my family hates the family of. Really, cookbook, how about a sub list or just not using sour cream in 90% of the recipes?

Whatever you do to celebrate National Donut/Doughnut Day, I hope it is and was tasty! Let me know which donuts you tried in the comments.

Comments