Remembering 13 Years of Volunteering with The Chocolate Cult

Back when I started this blog in 2009, I had no idea that it would take off so quickly. Within a few months, I was getting chocolate sent to me to test out every month. I needed help. I put out a call to my friends and colleagues to see if anyone was qualified to help me out. Two friends competed for that first "acolyte" position called the Coconut Acolyte.

Lisa won and for 13 years she not only tested anything made with coconut in it, but also helped me test other products, went to most of the Chocolate Walks I attended in Nashville, Indiana, reported on chocolate related events she went to, and helped manage the Facebook page for this blog.

Lisa always joined in the fun.

Lisa passed away on December 27, 2023. She is deeply missed.

Please, if this blog has meant anything to you over these years, send out a prayer or good thoughts to her friends and family who now grieve her loss.

Lisa & I about to head to our 1st Chocolate Walk in 2010


The menfolk in our lives came to the Chocolate Walk, too, and this became an annual tradition until the 2020 pandemic for us four.

Comments