Aeschbach Gift Review

A friend of your Chocolate Priestess whom I’ll call “Cindy” was in Europe recently and when she returned she gave me this wonderful little box of “Elegance” chocolates from Aeschbach Chocolatier, a Swiss business she got directly from their store.

I want to review the four pieces inside today under a new Chocolate Cult heading “Gifts”. Any gifts of chocolate I receive I will reveal under this heading to all of you, Sisters and Brothers.

In the picture you can see the pretty little squares. The one with flecks of white seems to be a hazelnut flavor that reminds me of Nutella. It is a firm solid piece of milk chocolate with crunching bits in it.

I suspect the piece with an Aztec like figure on it may be a spicy chocolate. Indeed even the scent has a kick to it when I take in a whiff. The dark ganache hides a softer equally dark center that isn’t very spicy so I wonder where the smell came from. Over the four bites I made this piece last, each piece is about 1.25X1.25X.5 inches, a very, very mild kick builds up but this is no where near the spiciness I’ve had from American chocolatiers.

The crest shaped piece, still the same basic dimensions, has what I think is a coffee bean on the top and a light coffee scent. Biting in reveals a dark roasted coffee flavor and a strong scent as well. For Europeans this probably isn’t as strong as it to me since I’m not a coffee drinker personally.

Finally I try the trio colored piece which is surrounded by milk chocolate on the sides and bottom. Again there is that hazelnut flavor when I bite into the darker layer. That nutty flavor is missing when I taste the white edge but sadly I can’t get to the center very easily though I do try. Taking a bite of all three layers creates a slightly nutty, smooth, and a touch tangy flavor in my mouth.

Thank you, Cindy, for sharing this with your Chocolate Priestess. I hope you continue to read The Chocolate Cult and enjoy chocolate in your own life.

Sisters and Brothers, may you too take the time to slowly appreciate what the Divine and human ingenuity have offered you in chocolate.

If you are reading in the eastern half of the Midwest, don't forget The Chocolate Cult's first CONTEST. Don't put it off until the last minute, apply now and earn a chance to get free chocolate, one-on-one time with the Chocolate Priestess, and your opinions on The Chocolate Cult.

Comments