Freshëns Summer Option for Chocolate

This past weekend, your Chocolate Priestess and the Milk Chocolate Acolyte tried two products from Freshëns which serves frozen yogurt products which claim to be particularly healthy. We didn't try any of their specific healthy products but even their regular shakes and malts and cones are supposed to be better than regular ice cream or frozen yogurt. For us, it was a matter of taste to combat some heat and humidity.


I had a Micro Blast which is frozen yogurt with a mix-in. Normally they make it with vanilla yogurt and add chocolate but for no extra charge the server made mine from chocolate. I choose cookie dough, made to be eaten this way so no health risks, as my mix in. I liked the bitter chocolate flavor of the chocolate with the firmness and sweetness of the cookie dough and these almost over came the sour yogurt taste that I'm not terribly fond of.

I got the Milk Chocolate Acolyte an Oreo Milkshake or yogurt shake as the case may be. He really liked his shake. He said it only had a very light sour yogurt taste and that the Oreo pieces were very tiny but tasted exactly as expected.

I really liked that the regular size felt big to me, I didn't feel like I needed or wanted a large quantity. Also I was pleased to see the claim on both cups that they were made of 100% recycled materials and were 100% compostable; the company calls these "ecotainers" which is either cute or silly depending on how much you like the products in them. I thought it was a cute name.

Now these aren't as cheap as we can get similar products at our local ice cream shops but there were two factors that contributed to the price difference. One is that this was in a big mall in a much bigger city so I think the prices are just higher. The second is claims of healthiness. I don't why healthy food must cost more but it routinely does. I should think that as a community we would want each other to be healthy and thus make better food cost less and charge more for the junk stuff.

Here's a shout out to all companies, producers and sellers -- Price the healthy food better so we can all benefit.

Sisters and Brothers, may you too take the time to slowly appreciate what the Divine and human ingenuity have offered you in chocolate.

If you are reading in the eastern half of the Midwest, don't forget The Chocolate Cult's first CONTEST. Don't put it off until the last minute, apply now and earn a chance to get free chocolate, one-on-one time with the Chocolate Priestess, and your opinions on The Chocolate Cult.

Comments