Sunday, July 12, 2009

Ghirardelli "Duet" Bar

At 30z for under $2, your Chocolate Priestess thought she'd give this bar a try last weekend. It's one of a series of "Luxe Milk" bars the Ghirardelli company has put out. In general they create good chocolate that proves a decent buzz for a reasonable price that the average follower of The Chocolate Cult can afford. Does this "Duet" live up to that reputation?

The packaging claims this will be a "creamy milk chocolate" paired with a "rich dark chocolate". First thing to note is that there are 2 servings in this bar so eating one bar will equal 16g saturated fat or 82% of what you should not go over each day. The outer paper wrapped opens easily but the inner gold foil is sealed tightly and I have to work to get it to rip completely open. Inside are 8 1.5in squares of chocolate with the expected Ghirardelli seal embossed on top.

The top layer, about 80% of each piece, is milk chocolate leaving about 20% dark on the bottom. Trying it from top and bottom both emphasises that sides chocolate but overall the milk chocolate wins out in terms of flavor. Both frankly are very creamy and rich, the dark isn't terribly bitter at all. But it certain provided a buzz that even the Milk Chocolate Acolyte could feel.

Given the amount of saturate fat this is a product to share with several people or to have only rarely if you insist on eating it all. For the price it was an excellent buy for those using Sacred Substance in their lives.

Sisters and Brothers, may you too take the time to slowly appreciate what the Divine and human ingenuity have offered you in chocolate.

If you are reading in the eastern half of the Midwest, don't forget The Chocolate Cult's first CONTEST. Don't put it off until the last minute, apply now and earn a chance to get free chocolate, one-on-one time with the Chocolate Priestess, and your opinions on The Chocolate Cult.

4 comments:

curiousdomestic said...

Ooh clever, dark and milk in one packet. I like Ghiradelli very much.

TheChocolatePriestess said...

Thank you so much for reading The Chocolate Cult, curiousdomestic. I hope you come back and check us out in the future especially the "Saturday Sacraments".

SharonKaren said...

I love Ghirardelli duet bar, absolutely one of the best out there.

TheChocolatePriestess said...

SharonKaren, thank you so much for reading and commenting on The Chocolate Cult. Ghiraelli can be one of the best mass produced chocolates out there, I would agree.

Matched Content Ads