Godiva Gift #1

Chocolate, Sisters and Brothers, is one part of your Chocolate Priestess's life, a method she uses to become more in-tune with her senses and thus with the Divine. Chocolate is not her own life nor should it be yours. Balance in all things is important to have a good, healthy existence. One of the other things I do is that sometimes I run role-playing at conventions for people interested in science fiction, fantasy, horror, and other forms of speculative literature. If that interests you, you may check out the other aspects of my life here.

For us in the Chocolate Cult there was a delightful overlap between chocolate and RPGs over the July 4th weekend. One of the people who enjoyed the game I ran offered me this lovely little box the next day. The hotel our convention was at had a Godiva Chocolatier shop in it and I had visited to look around the day before and the Milk Chocolate Acolyte purchased a gift there for me which I'll write about probably next week.

This wonderful young man, his convention name as "Rune" offered this to me and asked me to open it in front of him. So I did and found this cute little ice cream truffle cone inside. It brought tears to my eyes not because of the candy itself but because someone took the time to think about what might be a good gift for me. This recalls a few posts I've made here in The Chocolate Cult about gift giving. The purposeful thought behind the gift coupled with it's size which easily fit into a program of moderation, meant more to me than the actual gift though as you'll soon read, the ice cream truffle was quite nice.

The truffle is actually two mint chocolate truffles set bottom to bottom then covered with mint green ganache. Thus when I bit into it I found two layers of ganache and then a grayish green soft truffle center. It tastes and felt very much like a mint ice cream, smooth and almost melting with a little chill to my mouth. The top of the mini cone is covered in a milk chocolate ganache as well and frankly is the only tasting part of the cone which is a lot like cardboard.

I want to thank "Rune" for this perfect gift and promise him that if that convention wants me back, I will certainly be running a new game and I hope you came back for it.

Sisters and Brothers, may you too take the time to slowly appreciate what the Divine and human ingenuity have offered you in chocolate.

If you are reading in the eastern half of the Midwest, don't forget The Chocolate Cult's first CONTEST. Only 14 more days so don't put off applying.

Comments