Longer Lasting Chocolate Gift

The White Chocolate Acolyte went to visit his family half way across the nation for five days. When your Chocolate Priestess picked him up from his long plane adventure, he said "I have a gift for you." Now of course I'm thinking it's something chocolate because there are few other things to get the head of The Chocolate Cult.

He got me this sign that you can see to the left. This sign is "something chocolate" because it mentions chocolate. This sign is also very appropriate since it refers to spiritual needs. It also refers to a very popular series of inspirational books all entitled "Chicken Soup for the (fill in the blank) Soul". The first book came out in the summer of 1993 according to the series official website. He got the sign at a local festival from a local artist in the hometown of the family member he was visiting so he support their local economy and didn't give money to big business.

I had a perfect spot for this sign in my kitchen. You see, Sisters and Brothers, I'm sure many of you may think I just consume chocolate non-stop. I have something chocolate perhaps two to three times a week (usually in the form of a fiber or breakfast bar or perhaps a glass of chocolate skim milk). I observe our Sacred Saturdays with both purposeful and pleasurable indulgence of chocolate. I keep the company offerings, gifts, and some products my household purchases itself in a corner shelf on two shelves until the item must be refrigerated. The wall about that cabinet was bare so I hung the sign there as you can see to the right.

Too much chocolate consumption not only can expand your waistline and tip the scales but it risks devaluing the physical, emotional, and spiritual use of cocoa by making it too common. You become used to the potential buzz and need more to get the same feelings. Yet if you consider yourself a chocoholic you know that you still crave it almost daily. Controlling your intake and giving yourself one day to indulge helps with those cravings. At least it has for me and since I've been following this advice myself, along with balanced meals and exercising one hour a day, five days a week, I've lost 1 pound a week since the start of the new year. I make no claim that you would have the same experience, I only witness to my own journey. By giving me this particular gift, the White Chocolate Acolyte showed he valued not just my chocolate desires but the Cult's goals of moderation and purposefulness. Supporting your loved one's life goals is a more valuable gift than even the finest and most expensive candy you can imagine.

So the next time you want to get something chocolate or give a chocolate gift remember that you don't always have to buy candy, cookies, drinks or other food items. There are many other things "chocolate" out there you can enjoy far longer than that candy bar will last. By thinking about your gift giving you are thinking about the person you are giving it to and that also fits into our Journey toward the Divine.

Sisters and Brothers, may you too take the time to slowly appreciate what the Divine and human ingenuity have offered you in chocolate.

If you are reading in the eastern half of the Midwest, don't forget The Chocolate Cult's first CONTEST. Only 5 days left to enter.

Comments