Cheesecake Factory #1 Review

One of the chocolates your Chocolate Priestess enjoyed over the Fourth of July weekend was a slice of cheesecake from The Cheesecake Factory. For those of you unfamiliar with it, let me share some of my photos and one slice with you. I went there with the Milk Chocolate Acolyte whom you can see checking us into the restaurant to your right (I'm on the left outside the doors). We met up with two other couples inside and three of us had cheesecake -- I was sadly the only one to try one of their chocolate varieties but I got an extra piece I'll try this upcoming weekend to share with you all. First thing to know about this restaurant is that the servings are HUGE as are the cheesecake slices. We had breakfast and then around 5pm we went to the place but still we were very, very full and we did not get anything other than a main course and dessert. The place is always very busy even in this economy and I think their cheesecake choices, which number over two dozen, many of them chocolate in type, is a big reason they are so busy. I tried the "Chocolate Mousse" cheesecake first. It came with a big dollop of whipped cream on the side that really didn't taste like anything to be honest. Frankly I think you don't need this whipped cream at all because the slices are huge as you see below. This "Chocolate Mousse" had three layers of cocoa goodness in it. First a dark, bitter crust on the bottom. The bulk of the dessert is a smooth and creamy,semi-sweet chocolate cheesecake that provided a good punch of cocoa rush. The top is a lopsided bittersweet chocolate mousse. All three flavors blended well and definitely made my eyes roll, my mouth water, and my body relax. It was topped with another smaller dollop of whipped cream with chocolate shavings that tasted like the shavings. There was a lingering bittersweet aftertaste so if you don't like that type of chocolate, this is not the slice for you. The Cheesecake Factory is currently in 34 USA states and the District of Columbia. There are only two restaurants in the state I live in, both in the capital, so we only get there maybe once a year. When we do, I have never been disappointed by the cheesecake I choose. Next week I'll share what I thought of their "30th Anniversary" variety of cheesecake. Sisters and Brothers, may you too take the time to slowly appreciate what the Divine and human ingenuity have offered you in chocolate. 

Comments