Chocolate Every Day in 2010 with 0 Calories

Sisters and Brothers, as you may recall it was your Chocolate Priestess's 40 birthday just a short time ago.  One of the gifts I received was a gift card to Borders -- thanks D.  I used it to buy some non-chocolate books since I have a stack now to read, cook and bake from, and then reveal to you all.  But given this calling, I had to get something related to the Sacred Substance.


I went to the calendar section of the store and this tiny thing caught my eye.  Simply called "Chocolate 2010 Calendar" it is a daily calendar from the Andrews McMeel Publishing company.  The wrapper around the calendar itself inside this box says that it meets the standards of the Forest Stewardship Council, a non-profit group in the USA that wants to encourage better use of forest resources through selective logging, certification of proper logging, and recycling.


Inside the box, the actual calendar measures 3 X 2.25 inches with a height of about 1.25 inches on a fairly solid plastic base with four magnets on the back as well as a fold out stand.  My plan is to use the magnets to put this up in my office on a filing cabinet or on the refrigerator so I get a little chocolate every day.  So what will this daily chocolate look like, Sisters and Brothers?  I had to look ahead to check this for you.  Every day there is a color drawing of some type of confection along with a quotation or fact relating to chocolate.  These range from scientific information about cacao to historical notes about chocolatiers and treats and words by philosophers, cooks, and even fictional characters.  At $8.99 before tax from my local Borders I think this will be a nice treat to myself without calories for all of 2010.  If I learn anything particularly funny or exciting, I'll let you know as the year rolls on.

Yesterday, Asher's Chocolates sent me products to review after the Halloween season for the upcoming busy and chocolate heavy winter holidays.  Be on the look out for the revelation about three types of products they sell the first Saturday in November.   This Saturday Sacrament will be our first competitor in the 2009 Halloween Treat Challenge and it's a company I've looked at before, Taraluna, so make sure you read on Saturday.

Sisters and Brothers, may you too take the time to slowly appreciate what the Divine and human ingenuity have offered you in chocolate.

Comments