Help with Exercise the Chocolate Way


As suggested on the purple, not blue as my photo suggests, wrapper, I ate this Myoplex Lite bar within 30 minutes after my 60 minute bike ride I do 5 times a week.  I wanted to see if it made me feel any different at all.  Now I know that a much better test of this product would be to use it for at least a month but the company didn't send this to me and I don't buy more than one sample if I must buy a product to reveal to you, Sisters and Brothers.

The bar itself measures 3.5 X 2 X 0.75 inches so it is a good sized product.  It has a total of 190 calories, 3g saturated fat, less than 5mg cholesterol, 320mg sodium, 240mg potassium, 5g fiber, 10g sugars, 15g protein.  19 minerals and vitamins ranging from 20-70% of an adult’s daily needs are also included.  You can tell immediately that it is focused on protein to help with your workout because muscles burns more fat and calories and higher levels of muscles will give your body a leaned look over all.  Compared to some other exercise bars that also focus on protein this is very balanced nutritionally.


The primary scent when I open it is peanut with just a hint of cocoa even though as you can see there is a chocolate layer and chocolate drizzle on top.  Less that 2% of the ingredients though contain cocoa which automatically makes this unacceptable to The Chocolate Cult since we must be concerned first and foremost with the Sacred Substance isn't that correct, Sisters and Brothers.

But let me talk about what it tastes like for those of you not primarily concerned with chocolate but only chocolate flavoring or something to help you with your exercise goals. The top is crunchy and the entire thing is sweet and peanut buttery but not very chocolaty in flavor.  After chewing for a while the tastes turn a bit sour, it’s very odd and it lingers a while.  Frankly I didn't feel any different after eating this post exercise.  The result then of taste, nutritional values, and price means that Myoplex Lite is not a bar I’ll be buying again.

Sisters and Brothers, may you too take the time to slowly appreciate what the Divine and human ingenuity have offered you in chocolate. 

Comments