A Chocolate Cult Valentine's Day 2010

Your Chocolate Priestess shares bits and pieces with you about her personal life outside of chocolate from time to time.  I don't want to devolve into topics that do not relate to our Sacred Substance.  But I will share what my Valentine's Day weekend plans are and in return I want to hear about yours -- both as they relate to chocolate.

Have you been reading The Chocolate Cult for the past few weeks?  Have you seen the number of Saturday Sacraments and Special Sacramental Reviews I've been doing?  Because of all of this, I asked my guys, the White and Milk Chocolate Acolytes as you know them, to not get me chocolate except as part of a meal.

This is a big change for me.  I used to always want chocolate, the darker the better on Valentine's Day, as well as a stuffed animal.  Being on the Path with you means I control those cravings and I now know that getting chocolate is not the same as getting love.  To be blunt there are just too many stuffed animals in my house right now, too.


The White Chocolate Acolyte and I are spending the 13th together.  We've ordered a heart shaped pizza from a local favorite called Mother Bear's with their regular sauce, pepperoni, cheddar cheese and apple sausage along with their bread sticks.  That will be delivered around Noon. Before then I have a Saturday Sacrament to do for those of you who have put off your gift and treat buying until the last minute.  So there is my chocolate for that day unless I feel like something else by the evening.

The Milk Chocolate Acolyte is going to make us a romantic dinner on the 14th. OK, not really make so much as heat up and lay out food we're going to pick out tomorrow evening at the huge grocery store near us.  I do most of the cooking here and while he wants to "treat me" and I don't want to go to a crowded restaurant with an expensive and limited "special menu" I also didn't want to eat burnt or undercooked food.  We will get something from the bakery or a bakery to go with that meal as well as some wine.

So am I crazy to not want a box of chocolates?  No, no, no, not if you have been reading.  To stay on this Path I have to remain moderate and eat with a purpose.  That purpose has been to help you all assess which chocolate goodies you might want to spend your money on this year.  I hope it's been helpful, please let me know if it has or has not so I can keep improving.

Tomorrow will be another Special Sacramental Review for Valentine's Day so make sure you come back and check it out.

I really want to hear how you are incorporating chocolate into your Valentine's Day whether you are single, coupled, casually dating, or part of a bigger household.

This morning I also received offerings from Island Angel Chocolates and Life So Sweet. We'll get to these wonderful offering in the forthcoming months.

Sisters and Brothers, may you too take the time to slowly appreciate what the Divine and human ingenuity have offered you in chocolate.

Comments

mavido79 said…
Mate and I generally don't do much for Valentine's Day. A card, maybe some chocolate or other special treat. However, I recently received a coupon for a HUGE discount at a local chocolate shop & I'll brave the traffic to go downtown and use it. So we will celebrate with the sacred substance in moderation and put the excess into the chocolate drawer for a later date.
Oh, that sounds nice, mavido79. Hey, if you have any of our cards, give them one and mention our reviews. We are close enough that they could give you something to bring down some time.