Easter Truffles from Kara

Kara Chocolates sent an Easter sampling for us, Sisters and Brothers, that you might want to check out.  If the molded candies are not your thing then Kara has some of their truffles individually wrapped or in boxed sets just for Easter. I don't have the nutritional information for all three varieties they sent but if you eat one or two that is being moderate and as you should know by now, moderation is a wonderful key to healthy and happy eating.  Each truffle was about an inch across and very round, I did this on a recent trip so I didn't have exact measurement instruments with me but my Saturdays are cocoa sacred wherever I am so I followed our Path and took notes for you all.

The "Hoppy Easter" box had three lemon chiffon flavored truffles inside of it.  These had yellow decoration drizzle over the top but the drizzle itself didn't seem to have flavor.   All three truffles you see equaled one serving with 210 calories, 5g sat fat, 5mg cholesterol, 30mg sodium, 2g fiber, 22g sugars, 2g protein, 4% calcium and 6% iron an adult needs daily.  These contain both soy and dairy ingredients.  Each one had a strong milk chocolate fragrance and was smooth to my fingers.  The quality of the chocolate was evident in how quickly it melted as I held it.  When I bit through the thick shell it made a soft snap and revealed a nice, firm chocolaty center.  At first the flavor was a very creamy chocolate but then with each chew a sharp lemon tang came forward but never overwhelmed the cocoa.  This was an excellent truffle that any lemon and milk chocolate lover should try.

In the pink wrappers were the Strawberry Cheesecake truffles of the same size and shape as the previous flavor.  These were completely smooth and melted again on my fingertips as I held one up to sniff at it.  There was a definite strawberry and milky cocoa scent.  The thick shell made a strong snap as I took a bite and more strawberry essence hit my nose.  Inside was a white center with some light pink swirls that I hope you can see in the photo.  The truffle melted in my mouth and was primarily a cheesecake flavor with a strong strawberry component but sadly not a lot of chocolate flavor.  If you love strawberry cheesecake, this is a good choice.

The Mint truffle came in two wrappers, the light blue you saw in the first photo and this green wrapper that you can buy year round.  The truffles were identical to the cheesecake variety externally but had a dark, harder center inside.  As soon as I unwrapped one, my nose was caressed by mint and cocoa that promised me a good personal choice for your Chocolate Priestess.  The shell snapped again when I took a bite and immediately my mouth was cooled by the mint but it blended in with the chocolate never letting me forget this was first and foremost a chocolate.  A wonderful choice for mint chocolate lovers any time of the year.

If you are looking for something different and more adult for Easter check out this offering from Kara Chocolates.  They taste great though some had more chocolate flavor than others and if you chose the flavor that sounds best to you, you will not be disappointed.  The website is a bit difficult to navigate, there isn't a chocolate tab to click on so you may have to drop them an email but they should respond quickly.

Sisters and Brothers, may you, too, take the time to slowly appreciate what the Divine and human ingenuity have offered you in chocolate.

Comments