Happy Joe's Pizza & Ice Cream Parlor

Even though today is Saint Patrick's Day and even though I am 1/8th Irish, I couldn't find any Irish Chocolatiers I could get samples from in time.  I don't count just adding Bailey's as making Irish chocolate.  So instead I've done this "On the Road" post for you all.

On your Chocolate Priestess's recent trip, she visited a few nice local chocolatiers, chocolate shops, and restaurants where they had quality chocolate.  One such place was a Happy Joe's Pizza & Ice Cream Parlor in Davenport, Iowa.  However since this is a six state franchise, I didn't want to call this an "Iowa Chocolate".

If you have never been to a Happy Joe's it is sort of like an early version of Chucky Cheese in that it focuses on children and pizza but also has ice cream.  The Milk Chocolate Acolyte had many birthdays at these places growing up so when he saw one, we had to stop.  This particular location had another room as big or bigger than the eating area that was a huge indoor playground for kids.

They don't have chocolate pizza but they do have chocolate varieties of their homemade ice cream.  I had one scoop, remember Moderation and Purposefulness even though this is the American Chocolate Week.  This was simply their chocolate variety which the young lady behind the counter told me was her favorite chocolate ice cream.  The biggest problem with chocolate ice cream is that the cold can dampen the cocoa flavor.  Not so with this scoop.  It tasted nicely bitter like a darker chocolate and yet creamy with just a hint of sweetness.  The Milk Chocolate Acolyte had the Cookie Dough variety and praises it as well.

So whether or not you like pizza, do stop into one if you can find them and give the ice cream a try.  It really is very good and not weak on the chocolate at all.

Sisters and Brothers, may you, too, take the time to slowly appreciate what the Divine and human ingenuity have offered you in chocolate.

Comments

mavido79 said…
Sounds pretty yummy. I'll keep my eyes open for Happy Joe's on my travels.