Mint Hot Chocolate

This is the last of the Kroger Private Selection Cocoa Supreme individual serving envelops your Chocolate Priestess bought a while back on sale.  I won't repeat what is basically identical nutritional information here; you can find that on the three other flavors I reviewed as well as the trans fat caution.

I made this hot cocoa drink with the recommended amount of hot water, 6oz, and it mixed up very well, frothing a bit and releasing a growing mint scent.  The taste of mint, really very menthol easily overwhelmed the chocolate flavor to the point that I wondered if there was cocoa in the drink at all.  There was according to the label. In an effort to tone that menthol down I added the last of my mini marshmallows but I wished I had some of the chocolate covered marshmallows I reviewed at the end of 2009 to add more cocoa essence.  Frankly I was disappointed and ended up giving my drink to the Milk Chocolate Acolyte who loves mint and was pleased by this.

Sisters and Brothers, may you, too, take the time to slowly appreciate what the Divine and human ingenuity have offered you in chocolate.

Comments