The Pleasure of Pocky

If you can remember, Sisters and Brothers, I bought a lot of different internal products for World Chocolate Day and International Chocolate day this past fall/winter.  I promised I'd review them later and today is another of those reviews.

Have you hear of Pocky?  It's a Japanese treat which is basically a 5 inch long biscuit stick, like a thin bread stick almost, that is about 5/6 covered in some type of sweet coating.  This version is chocolate but it also comes in a ton of other flavors including nut, fruit, and different types of chocolate.  If you wanted to have a bit of a laugh and see what type you should try, check out this QUIZ.  I found this just in our local Kroger in the International food section but I've also seen them in some Asian food stores and discount department stores as well. So far, I've only see the white, milk and dark chocolate varieties along with strawberry where I live but there are a lot more if you can find them.

Inside the box are two envelops with the Pocky sticks inside.  One packet equals one serving with 200 calories, 4.5g saturated fat, 5mg cholestrol, 80mg sodium, 1g fiber, 11g sugars, 4g protein, and 2% calcium.  The amount of sugar was low compared to many candy bars of similar size.  The sticks are easy to hold on the uncovered end though if it isn't too hot I eat them that end first just to be silly.  The chocolate is bitter, rather darker than what we expect in America when we see a title like "chocolate cream" on a treat.  That makes me eager to try the "Men's" or darker variety of this in the future.

There isn't enough chocolate here to really create a cocoa buzz it is a very fun treat to eat and share especially when you are watching anime though you can eat then whenever you like.  This is a treat everyone in my house enjoys.

Sisters and Brothers, may you, too, take the time to slowly appreciate what the Divine and human ingenuity have offered you in chocolate.

Comments