January Chocolate Holidays

Happy New Year's, Sisters and Brothers!

If yesterday had not been so busy, I would told you that it was the Feast Day for St. Macarius the Younger, 4th century patron of confections.  However he would NOT have used chocolate because that was a Mesoamerica product and which the early Christians knew nothing about.  I wonder if anyone out there used chocolate as part of his Feast Day yesterday?



After at least 11 weeks of almost non-stop treats and feasts ourselves, it is nice to see the number of chocolate holidays decrease.


In January there are two that definitely can be marked with chocolate.


Sunday, January 23 is National Pie Day.


Thursday, January 27 is National Chocolate Cake Day.


I'll have to see what I can bake up for both of these days.

That is hopefully a change for this year.  I want to do more baking for you all but I need to still make it primarily a review so this will not be a place to find recipes.


Does that disappoint you?


To me it seems that there are hundreds of recipe sites but the number of sites that do honest reviews especially of the quality of our Sacraments which are full sensory in nature, well, I don't know of another blog or website that offers that without requiring companies to pay them for the reviews.


That might surprise some of you reading this.  No, we are not paid for our reviews.  We receive products for our featured reviews, our Saturday Sacraments and Special Sacramental Reviews but beyond that we receive nothing.  This is important because we want the freedom to be 100% honest even if that annoys or angers the creators or the users of the products.

Do you find what we write here, and there are 7 of us who do the work on this blog, useful?

Comments

briarrose said…
Mmmm....National Chocolate Cake Day....a holiday I can throw my weight behind. ;)

I find what you and the others write quite useful. Plus I get to see a horde of lovely goodies I might not have run across or heard about otherwise.
*smile* Thank you. We try and I can get pushy sometimes with my acolytes to get reviews done.
Wyrenth said…
Hmm, I may have to figure out something to do with that cake and frosting mix by the 27th. :) I'll have to come up with a theme...
That sounds like a good idea, Wyrenth.