Chocolate Blossoms Pack


I found these Apple Valley Inn "Chocolate Blossoms" at my neighborhood Kroger in the Bakery section on the day old sales rack which you know your Chocolate Priestess loves to check out when she shops, Sisters and Brothers.  The plastic container holds 8 blossoms where two cakes equal one serving with 200 calories made of 1g saturated fat, 3mg cholesterol, 160mg sodium, 16g sugars, and 2g protein.  It also contains wheat, eggs, dairy and soy as well as cocoa powder for the only chocolate component.  These measure 1.75 inches across and about 1.5 inches tall.

The cakes have a sweet and cocoa scent to them and a spongy texture in my fingertips.  Even a few days after buying them on sale they are still moist looking and to my touch.  Supposedly there is a chocolate filled center but I only notice it is more moist when I take a bite.  It has a very strong chocolatey flavor along with a sharp vanilla essence as well.  These little cakes which I eat in four bites are much better tasting than I thought they might be.  An excellent find on my weekly shopping trip and definitely a great value at their sale price of $1.49 or 19¢ a piece.

What excellent chocolate finds have you discovered in your neighborhood stores this past week, Sisters and Brothers?

Comments

I always enjoy reading your blog. Love it.
Thank you so much, Christine. I've always enjoyed yours when I've had the time to check it out. I fear The Chocolate Cult is only one of many things I have going on at any moment in my life. It means a lot to me when folks leave comments.
Unknown said…
Surprising to see how little calories 2 of these cakes are if they are a full 4 bites each :) but they sound so good I'll have to recommend them to the chocolate lovers that have a Krogers near by
Rochelle that is an very interesting way to look at them. If you can practice moderation, these are a great little dessert at that calorie count. Thanks for reading and leaving your thought, Rochelle!
briarrose said…
A nice little find there.