3 Musketeers Truffle Crisp Bar


Not long ago I saw a few new varieties of some candy bars I grew up eating on sale in one of our nearby CVS stores.   We have two of these places within a mile of my house and they are much more an a block and a half apart.  I'm surprised they have survived for years now but depending on the direction you are traveling maybe it is easier to get to one over the other.  One is certainly larger than the other even though the smaller one is a free-standing building with a Minute Clinic in it.  I found these at the larger CVS on sale as "buy 2, get 1 free."


The 3 Musketeers brand has been around a lot time as you may recall from our Old Time Candy features. This is a new take on that bar which is actually two bars of cookie bottoms with some of the chocolate cream and then covered in milk chocolate.  The milk chocolate and the fluffy part is very familiar to those of you who have eaten 3 Musketeers but the cookie part tasted stale and the crunch, well, I don't really want that when I eat a 3 Musketeers, do you?  The cookie part was also very moisture absorbing and dried my mouth out. Yes, I remembered Moderation and gave the other bar to another person.



Have you tried this?  What did you think about it compared to the traditional 3 Musketeers?

Comments

Anonymous said…
I tried this out because of the low calorie wrapper. I was surprised by the texture because it reminded me of a malted milk ball, sort of stale. And you're right, it does absorb a lot of moisture. I appreciate the original Three Musketeers because of its light and fluffy texture, but this bar helps fight the chocolate craving for a more fattening bar. I would like the texture to be softer, more like the original. But the malted milk ball texture made it last a bit longer, which to me is always a plus =]
Great comment, Free Spirit Eater.

Though I don't normally compare in the posts themselves, for me, if I wanted to watch calories, I'd go with a dark square of TCHO or something like that to really give me a good cocoa buzz when I'm craving chocolate. Craving sugar? I tend to go for 100% fruit juice.
Unknown said…
Love, love, LOVED those 3 Musketeers Truffle Crisps!!! So, of COURSE they discontinued them! Aaarrrrghhh!!!
Oh, that happens to me all the time it feels like. I find a product my family likes -- food, drink, candy, cleaner, restaurant -- and then it disappears. Sometimes you can find products still online but they tend to be more expensive.

Thanks for commenting. I love reading them and I know that everyone who entrusts us with their products and all of my assistants love the comments, too.