Uniquely Made Chocolate Almond Butter Crunch

Another item from Uncle Sam's Chocolate Factory is their uniquely made Almond Butter Crunch, this box they sent us had both milk and dark chocolate varieties.  Click on the video below to see how they make it.  It is fun to watch and you'll learn what makes their process unique far better than I could explain it in words.




Wasn't that interesting, Sisters and Brothers?  The pieces are just over a quarter an inch thick toffee-like butter crunch covered with a layer of either dark or milk chocolate. The pieces vary widely in terms of size.

I'm not sure that you can see the difference in the color between the milk and dark chocolate in my photo but I put two of each variety into our dish for our photo.  One thing you might see is that because it is hand spread the chocolate varies in terms of thickness.  I also found a few sections of chocolate just floating in the box so if you buy it to be delivered be aware this may happen.  If you go to their 2571 Albany Street, Schenectady, NY 12304 location you probably won't have this problem.

So let's get down to our senses and this treat.  Really not a strong scent when I opened the box or when I brought a piece of the Milk Chocolate Almond Butter Crunch close to my nose.  It feels cool in my fingers and makes a soft snap when I take a bite but continues to crunch with each chew.  The first flavor is milk chocolate then the almonds and this a burst of butteriness that builds and builds.  The butter crunch starts to stick to my teeth as I chew but not too much.  The milk chocolate fades to leave the buttery tang the dominant flavor exactly as we experience with all treats of this basic type.

The Dark Chocolate variety has a cocoa scent to it so right there is the first difference.  The snap is the same but the crunch seems a touch louder as I chew.  The chocolate taste is stronger stays part of the blend through the entire process of enjoying one bite.  This is more likely to happen with darker chocolate but in our experience here on our features and regular reviews it is rare so this really impresses me. Of the two I strongly recommend you get the Dark Chocolate variety if you want more of a chocolate flavor but the Milk Chocolate if you really just want the butter crunch part.

The winter holidays have just started so if you know someone who likes toffee or similar treats you should check outUncle Sam's Almond Butter Crunch.  This has a unique flavor and the dark does great in terms of lasting chocolate flavor so it deserves a Sacrament status for the flavor, the ingredients, and to support smaller private businesses.  This closes off our featured reviews of  the three products that Uncle Sam's Chocolate Factory sent us to reveal to you all, Sisters and Brothers.  Please leave them a few comments and let them know what you think, Sisters and Brothers.

Comments