Local Chocolate Truffles from Blu Boy

Back around Christmas time 2014, a dear friend of your Chocolate Priestess who is also our Fruit Acolyte, gave all of her friends gift certificates for local businesses.  I finally spent mine at a local chocolate shop called Blu Boy in the town I live in. I wanted to just look at the five piece box I was able to get with the gift.


The wonderful young woman who helped me out, directed me toward their dark chocolates which you know I favor above milk and white chocolate though we test everything here when we are sent samples. Based on my memories and the enclosed list, this are the Fleur de Sel Caramel, Blood Orange, Solid Dark Chocolate, Lavender, and Jasmine. They are very pretty, aren't they? But did I enjoy them?

The Fleur de Sel Caramel was a chocolate caramel covered in chocolate and I loved it! The Blood Orange Truffle hemisphere started off with dark chocolate flavor and revealed the orange slowly with each bite. The Solid Dark Chocolate has little light blue pumps on the top (there were other images I could have chosen the day I got this but I thought these might show up in a photo better for you all); it was just a delightful cocoa rush in two bites. The Lavender Truffle hemisphere was strongly floral to begin but blended into the creamy dark chocolate very well. Finally the Jasmine Truffle has a subtle flavor that blended very well with the creamy dark chocolate center.

I loved them all!  Thanks to my friend for this gift!

Comments