|Berry Delicious Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies|
Berry Delicious Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
By TammyJo Eckhart, PhD
3/4 C Margarine at room temperature
1/2 C SPLENDA Sugar Blend*
9 T Egg Whites
1 T Real Vanilla Extract*
2.25 C Old-Fashioned Rolled Oats
1.75 C Whole Wheat Flour
1.5 tsp baking soda
|Enjoy Life Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mini Chips|
10 oz bag of Enjoy Life Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mini Chips*
1 3.5 oz bag of Fresh Gourmet Dried Blueberries and Dried Cranberries
1. Preheat oven to 375°F and lightly spray baking sheet(s) with non-stick spray.
2. Cut margarine into smaller pieces and place it and the SPLENDA into a stand-up mixer and beat until smooth and creamy.
3. Add in egg whites and vanilla extract and beat until well blended.
4. In a separate bowl, stir together oats, flour, baking soda, and salt.
5. Spoon in the dry ingredients as you let the mixer blend it into the wet ingredients. The resulting dough will be slightly stiff but still sticky.
6. Add in the dried fruit and mini chips and fold these throughout the dough.
7. Using a cookie scoop, place the dough on the prepared cookie sheet. Then press the dough lightly down with your fingers to flatten them out a bit. Depending on the size of your cookie scoop, you could get between 24-48 cookies. I got 45 cookies.
8. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the bottom of the cookies look golden.
|Bottoms of Berry Delicious Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies|
9. Remove cookies immediately from the baking sheet and put on either paper to cool or a wire rack. Note that a rack might let pieces of the cookies fall through or stick to it. I always just use an opened up paper grocery bag like my mother did.
10. Let them cool a bit then enjoy. the blend of slightly bitter chocolate with the tart of the cranberries and the sweet of the blueberries and dough was wonderful. The different textures are also very interesting.