Recipe: Gluten-Free Cereal Bars Plus Coupons for Readers

Rice Bitz Cereal from Kroger
As part of the MyMagazine Sharing Network I received a book of Kroger brand cereal. I'm not a big cereal eater but that was okay because the group wanted me to try out the cereal in a recipe as well as on it's own. Today I'm going to talk about the Gluten-Free Rice Bitz and then share with you how I used them when I'm currently limited in what I can eat (and when) with necessary dental work that will be continuing until 2019. I just have to be more creative with my recipes, right? No marshmallows or caramel with be allowed and I have to be careful to use ingredients that won't harden up too much yet will help the bars maintain their shape. It was a challenge but I think I was up to it. If you try this recipe out let me know how it worked for you, please. I was sent this 12 oz box of cereal for from from MyMagazine Sharing Network in exchange for recipe creation and sharing my results on Twitter and Facebook; this blog post is a bonus. I was also sent coupons varying from 40¢ to 50¢ off of other Kroger brand boxed breakfast products for myself and some of you. Read to the end of this review to learn how to get one of these coupons for yourself.

Kroger Gluten-Free Rice Bitz Cereal
Gluten isn't an issue in our household but I know that some of you who read The Chocolate Cult regularly have gluten intolerances or even allergies. Therefore I checked my ingredients to make sure I am offering you a safe recipe. For the rest of us, not having gluten won't hurt you. Before the recipe, how was the product on it's own? It was fine, it tastes a lot like a popular rice cereal that I've sure that many of you are familiar with. It soaks up both milk and the candy coating you'll see in my recipe below so eat quickly when you have it alone or know that you'll need to put in some elbow grease to stir it all thoroughly together.

But now, the recipe!

Gluten-Free Peanut Buttery Chocolatey Cereal Treats
by: TammyJo Eckhart

Ingredients:
16 oz jar white chocolate peanut butter
1 stick margarine
8 oz chocolate
1 12 oz box Kroger Gluten-Free Rice Bitz
11 oz of mini candy covered chocolates

Directions:

1. Line a metal muffin pan with paper liners; you'll need about 36 muffin cups in all depending on the size of them, mine were average size. Or you can lightly grease or spray two 9 X 13 X 2 inch pans.

2. Break up the chocolate and cup up the margarine into smaller pieces. Add these pieces to large sauce pan and melt them over low heat on your stove top. Keep stirring it from time to time so the chocolate doesn't scorch.

Margarine and German's 48% Chocolate Melting
2. Add in the jar of white chocolate peanut butter and melt it into the chocolate. Watch and stir it often so it does not burn. Be wary of any sticking to the bottom of your sauce pan, make sure you keep it all blending together.

White Chocolate Peanut plus Melted Chocolate
3. Slowly stir in your cereal until all of the pieces are coated.

Mix Cereal into Melted Chocolate Peanut Butter
4. Turn off the heat and quickly stir in the mini candy pieces until well spread throughout the cereal mixture.
Mini Candies Added to Cereal Mixture
5. Spoon cereal mixture into muffin cups or spread into the baking pans. At this point, it had been 45 minutes since I got out my ingredients so this isn't a quick treat unless you want to eat it straight from the saucepan.
Cereal Mixture into Muffin Cups
6. Let mixture set up until treats can be taken from the muffin pan without the paper cups losing their shape. If you used the baking pans, you should be able to cut out a bar and it will not lose it shape easily. You can speed up the set up by placing the treats in the refrigerator but that will make them harder to eat as well.
Cereal Treats in Baking Pan
7. Place in a sealing container and store in cool conditions until you are really to enjoy.


I have 15 coupons to share with people from Kroger for their boxed breakfast items. I'm going to split them up as follows -- 8 coupons for the first 8 people to leave and comment here tell me if you have tried this recipe or if you have a recipe idea of your own for this product. Make sure you live in a Kroger grocery store and that you are willing to give me your mailing address so I can send them out to you. You have to hurry because the coupons expire at the end of this month and I want to get them to you as fast as possible. The other 7 coupons will be sent to people sharing The Chocolate Cult post around Facebook. Make sure your FB shares are set to "Public" so I can see them.

Comments