Chocolate Library Foursome Number 1

Chocolate Library Set 1
The Chocolate Library is a way to pick 4 of Chocolate Chocolate Chocolate's Craft Bar Line of products. They picked 8 different bars for me and sent them in two of these library boxes. Today I'm to share one of these boxes with all of you so you can get a sense of what 4 of the 12 different bars you could choose from yourself. I'll got through each thoroughly sharing any Acolyte feedback I got during testng. Chocolate Chocolate Chocolate set me this set of chocolate bars for free in exchange for a fair and honest review; no other form of compensation was received.

Here's a treat for all of you. When you open up the box look at the flaps for a special message that relates to the bar. I'm not going to ruin it for you by sharing them but this is a cute little detail.

Milk Chocolate Sea Salt Caramel Bar
Craft Chocolate Bar No. 1 is the Milk Chocolate Sea Salt Caramel and this is likely to be much like the various seat caramel products we've looked at already and which you will read about over the course of our Decade Celebration of The Chocolate Cult. I shared this with both our Milk Chocolate and our White Chocolate Acolytes because they are also big caramel fans. In terms of allergens this has milk and soy. The Fair Trade Certified ingredients include cane sugar, cocoa butter, chocolate liquor, and invert sugar. There are visible crystals on one side of the bar and the etched lines for 8 equal sections on the other, the salt is not evenly sprinkled that's a problem we'll get in in a few sentences. The milk chocolate has a reddish hue. The bar has a sweet and salty scent to it that nearly overwhelms the milk chocolate that at 34% should be strong. When I broke the pieces apart, the caramel inside flowed out a bit and got over my fingers... I just licked it off and it tastes very buttery. One Acolyte made a surprising declaration after he tried one square Yuck! It was way too salty for him. The other Acolyte commented that the salt is too separated from the caramel, it was more salted chocolate plus caramel. I went in with my mind open. Plain chocolate side down gives the milk chocolate and caramel a chance but the salt overpowers them. From the salt side down the salt is very overwhelming and the caramel and chocolate are aftertastes. This is disappointing. I hope this was an error in terms of how much salt is put onto these bars normally because as this one tasted to three of us, this wasn't good.

Dark Chocolate Strawberry Champagne Truffle Bar
Craft Chocolate Bar No. 3 is Dark Chocolate Strawberry Champagne. This is a dark nearly black bar of chocolate, nothing added to either side. Yet when I take in a breath of it I get dark chocolate and a clear and strong fragrance of strawberry champagne (which your chocolate priestess has had and enjoyed in the past on several occasions). The fair trade ingredients are the same and the allergens are milk and soy; strawberry puree is also listed in case you are worried about the fruit but alcohol is not listed so this should be safe if you have a concern about that. You can get the flavor of alcohol without actual alcohol content in a variety of ways. When I break the bars in half and do not manage to get them to break exactly along the etched sections, I see a surprise; a pinkish cream comes from the center. Can you see it in the photo? The filling has a stronger strawberry scent but the dark chocolate is still dominant as we like it to be on The Chocolate Cult. I take some of the cream first and yes, it does taste like strawberry champagne without the burn of alcohol or the bubbles of carbonation. The chocolate and the filling blend wonderfully making this a bit sweeter than I was expecting but still letting the goodness of darker chocolate out. This more than makes up for the sea salt bar and I love it!

Dark Chocolate Bee-Berry Honey Caramel Bar
Craft Chocolate Bar No. 6 is Dark Chocolate Bee-Berry Honey Caramel. They do love the caramel at Chocolate Chocolate Chocolate, don't they? Same fair trade ingredients and allergens are milk and soy again. This also has blackberries which some folks may be intolerant of if they have difficult with asprin; I didn't realize that either! This is very dark in color for a 54% bar. I try to break it in half and don't do it perfectly but this way we can see the caramel inside. This also allowed me to taste the caramel -- it has a very strong honey flavor to it and also blackberry as well. Yum! It is also not sticky to my teeth. When I take a bite the bar makes so sound and easily breaks off. The first flavor is a creamy chocolate quickly followed by the sweet fruity flavor before the dark chocolate came back. I'm not normally a huge blackberry fan but with the honey and the darker chocolate all blending so well I loved this flavor.

Milk Chocolate Waffle Cone Caramel Bar
Craft Chocolate Bar No. 7 is the Milk Chocolate Waffle Cone Caramel. It has a caramel colored strip across the box and the image of a chocolate dipped ice cream sugar cone with caramel dripping from it on the box as well. In terms of allergens this has milk, soy, and wheat. The Fair Trade Certified ingredients include cane sugar, cocoa butter, chocolate liquor, and invert sugar.The bar itself has two sides, one is the chocolate with 8 sections etched out, the other has little pieces of waffle cone on it; you can see both in this photo. It has a nice reddish hue to the brown. of the chocolate. The milk chocolate is 34% cacao making this at the top end of the FDA's definition of milk chocolate so it might taste darker to some folks. From both sides it has a strong creamy chocolate scent to it. It snapped easily into the two sections and then into the other sections. Some of the waffle cone pieces pop off when I break it up so I get to taste them solo -- they are waffle cone pieces and taste exactly as you'd expect. I bite off a piece without the cone and find a layer of sweet caramel inside the milk chocolate, as I eat more the caramel become buttery as well but not sticky probably because of the amount. The chocolate is creamy but not too sweet, the higher amount of cacao counters the often overwhelming sugariness of many milk chocolates. The cone pieces crunch whenever I encounter them. The three flavors blend very well together making this an interesting experience in terms of flavor and textures. I love it and the Milk Chocolate Acolyte who helped me test it loved it, too.

You can pick the flavors you want in your own Custom Bar Library from Chocolate Chocolate Chocolate. We'll share the second foursome they sent us later on but for now go check them out.

Comments