Savory, Chocolatey Marshmallow Trail Mix

Savory, Chocolatey Marshmallow Trail Mix
I was selected recently to get a few free products and coupons for other products in order to create a "Trail Mix" from MyMagazine network where I am a member. I can't share everything I get through that program with all of you simply because not everything I get through them is chocolate or cocoa. One of the coupons was for Kroger chocolate chips so I'm sharing this recipe I created with you all. This is simple to make and the results lay halfway between traditional trail mix and a bark candy. I hope you enjoy and give it a try. Please let me know what you think in the comments but first, the legal matters. I was sent a free bag of Kroger Mini Twisted Pretzels and a free tin of Kroger Almonds from the MyMagazine Sharing Network in exchange for sharing about them and my resulting trail mix on social media and this website; I also received more than a dozen coupons for other snack items to use myself and to share with others. No other form of compensation was received.

Savoy, Chocolatey Marshmallow Trail Mix
By TammyJo Eckhart, PhD

Ingredients:

     4 T Light Butter

     12 oz Kroger Mini Chocolate Chips

     3 oz Kroger Mini Marshmallows

     3 oz Kroger Unsalted Dry Roasted Peanuts

     3 oz Kroger Mini Twiste Pretzels

     3 oz Kroger Reduced Fat So Cheesy! Baked Cheese Bits

     3 oz Kroger Classic Potato Chips, Rippled style

Directions:

1. Measure out all of your ingredients.

2. Add all but the butter, chocolate chips, and marshmallows to a large bowl. Mix together.


3. Melt butter and chocolate chips over very low heat, stirring from time to time. The results will be smooth but thick.

4. Turn off the heat and add in the marshmallows. Stir a few times but it should not be completely melted.


5. Spoon the chocolate mixture over the dry ingredients. When it is cool enough for  you to touch but still warm, work the entire mixture together by hand so you can spread the chocolate out.

6. Spread out the mixture onto a cool surface, I use a silicone mat, and let cool for 2-3 hours.


7. Break up any large pieces and put back into your bowl to let others grab handfuls to eat. You can also eat it with a spoon if you want.

That turned out so well and my family liked it so much that I tried it with milk chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, and no margarine or butter. That turned out like this.


Comments