Little Cookies & Barbecue?

Red, White, and Barbecue Mission Kit
We don't have an outdoor grill. We used to, a tiny one that used charcoal. I hate cleaning up charcoal. My parents had an indoor/outdoor electric grill that I loved. I'm sure what my Daddy did with it but when he was selling everything from his house, it was already gone by the time I was able to visit. Even though I can't host a traditional barbecue my family still loves BBQ sauce and some of the foods associated with the barbecue event that some folks host or attend during the summer and early fall. I used samples and coupons to put on a little barbecue for my family and some friends in July and today I want to look at the cookies we received and chose to serve during it. I got one of the cookie packs we're going to look at for free from the MyMagazine program through Kroger; other non-chocolate freebies were also included. Other cookies see in this article were bought using coupons that came with the kit. No other form of compensation was received for trying these products and sharing my honest opinion about them on various social media.



We'll start with the free 1 serving bag of Keebler Rainbow Chips Deluxe I received with the chips, hand wipes, and coupons. 5 cookies came in this bag which was spun to me as helpful for me to throw a barbecue party... for one? The bag of chips that came with it had only 2.75 servings (or 3 but not really) so this MyMagazine mission was very unbalanced between expectations and supplies. Back to the cookies. They tasted like I expected from Keebler. Uneven number of chocolate chips in some cookies versus mini m&m's. For one person, this is enough cookies to feel like you've had a treat and to feel satisfied by it.





I used two of the coupons to buy a 20 pack box of Famous Amos Cookies and a 20 pack box of Keebler/Sunshine items -- Chips Deluxe Mini, Cheez-It crackers, and Fudge Stripes Minis. Let's look at all three chocolatey mini cookies in turn.


Keebler Chips Deluxe Mini Original taste exactly like the big cookies. I had 7 in most of the bags I had from the 20 pack box.


Keebler Fudge Stripes Minis Original were "cute" my family said of their favorite cookies from the choices we got with this kit. They were surprised by the mini version of the, too. They tasted just like the bigger ones!


Famous Amos Chocolate Chip Bit Size Cookies remind me of what I see in vending machines. To be honest, I don't see this brand outside of convenience stores and vending machines. Luckily the 20 pack was right next to the Sunshine/Keebler box in my Kroger store. When I've had then before it was soft cookies. These were tasty, in fact, I think I liked them more than the Keebler cookies of the same basic type.


That's 4 types of mini cookies we looked at. While they all tasted as I expected I'm still confused by this MyMagazine project from Kroger. Do people who throw barbecues or other parties serve food in individual bags? I've never seen that. I've always seen bowls of food laid out because everyone at the party knows and in theory trusts each other. Why would you use individual bags of chips, crackers, or cookies at your parties? Leave a comment and let me know.

If any company or brand is reading this article today, I'd love to host a real barbecue with an electric grill someday so if you are looking for bloggers to review yours, contact me (left hand column form) and we might be able to work something out.

Comments