Ghirardelli Squares Might be Good Stocking Stuffers

Ghirardelli 2 squares pack of Milk Chocolate Caramel
Well before our current holiday season, back in the summer when some of you may not be thinking about chocolate or winter at all, I had the opportunity to try out a new package of Ghirardelli treats. We've looked at the big bars from Ghirardelli and their special holiday products as well in the past. Ghirardelli also sells bags of single squares of their chocolate but this 2 square pack was the first I had seen from them. Economically it may be a wash to buy a bag or these packs but I think some of you might find these interesting from a stocking stuffer or even party favor item for all those parties that happen this time of year. I got this pack for free using my Kroger loyalty card; no expectation of any type of review or social media about it was expected and no other from of compensation was received.

Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Caramel revealed
2 squares of Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Caramel is 150 calories, that's 40-60 calories less than most candy bars out there. I am also very pleased to report that there is no transfat in this either; something that I reported on years back after we got some samples directly from the brand. As you can see in our photo to the left, the caramel is thick and it oozes out when I broke open a square. The chocolate has a very creamy and light chocolate scent while the caramel was sweet smelling. The caramel is sweet but it also has that tang I want from my caramel. The milk chocolate was also as creamy tasting as it smelled but the chocolate essence held its own against the creaminess and the caramel. To increase the creaminess, let the square just melt in your mouth.

This two square pack does not show up on the Ghirardelli website and I've only seen it at Kroger so far. Have you seen these packs elsewhere? Let us a comment and let us know where and what flavors you saw.

Comments