6 Hot Cocoa Options for Keurig Machines

Sometimes I have to wonder why companies want to me to review products out of season. I suppose on an online shop, you just want reviews to count up so you have a lot of them so your products show up when people do searches on that website. But getting hot cocoa k-cups in May was a bit over the top. I don't have a Keurig machine at my house but I have friends who do so over the course of a few months, I brought these k-cups with me and we all tried them out. Over the course of those months, I tried each of the Brooklyn Bean varieties. This is my and the other tasters opinions on them. I received the Brooklyn Bean Cocoa Sampler from the brand and from the Amazon Vine Program in exchange for a fair and honest review on Amazon.com; this blog article is a bonus for them. No other form of compensation was received.

The Brooklyn Bean Cocoa Sampler contains 40 k-cups in 6 flavors. I'll discuss each flavor as they appeared on the information sheet that came in the box that I got. I do not know if the same amount of each flavor will be in each box.

Carnival Hot Chocolate is a Salted Caramel Cocoa. It was sweet, milk chocolate flavor with a strong salty edge; not a clear caramel flavor but good. There were 7 of these in the box.

Peanut Butter Cup Hot Cocoa is supposed to taste like peanut butter cups and it has that taste though it reminds me more of the organic and natural candy where the peanut butter has a deeper roasted flavor. There were 6 of these in the box.

Milk Chocolate Hot Cocoa was a touch creamier than the others, a bit sweet but not overly so. Everyone who tried this one, loved it. There were also 6 of these in the box.

Midnight Hot Cocoa was my favorite because it was noticeably darker in flavor. It also has 10 fewer calories than the other flavors' k-cups. There were 7 of these in the box but I would buy an entire 40 count of just these.

Mexican Hot Cocoa was the most disappointing. It just simply didn't have a spicy flavor or heat at all. There were 7 of these in the box.

Finally there was Campfire Hot Cocoa had a good marshmallow and a nice milk chocolate flavor. Folks who like marshmallows tried this out but not everyone likes marshmallows. Those who tried it, liked it. 7 of these were in the box.

That's the collection. If you have a Keurig machine have you used products from Brooklyn Bean? Have you tried any of their cocoa flavors? Would  you?

Comments