Hey, You Got your Reese's Pieces in my Candy Bar!

I remember when the science fiction movie E.T. came out and how that movie really pushed Reese's Pieces into the spotlight of the candy world. Now Reese's seems to be coming out with new pieces infused treats every couple of years. The first time I tried a Reese's Outrageous! candy bar was when it was a Kroger Friday Freebie.

Inside are mini pieces of the candy amid peanut butter and caramel. You can see all of it inside the bar that I broke in half with some effort. Interestingly it is very easy to bite into and chew.


The caramel overflowed the chocolatey coating and was very sticky as you can see in this photo below. It is so sweet that it nearly overwhelms any other flavor. Seriously this could use less caramel.


Surprisingly, "Milk Chocolate" is the 1st ingredient on the wrapper but it is definitely not the strongest flavor. Both the caramel and the peanut butter in the center and the peanut butter and sweetness from the pieces are dominant flavors. I like it but I don't think I'd go out of my way to buy one or even buy it on sale with other more chocolatey candy bars out there. I can always just get Reese's Pieces if I want that after all.


What's your opinion of Reese's Outrageous! candy bar?

Comments