Love Reese's? Add Milk Chocolate!

Today is #ILoveReesesDay so in honor of that, let's look at one of the ways that brand is being incorporated into other products.

Hershey's w/Reese's Pieces Bar
Not long ago, through my Kroger Friday Freebie program, I got a Hershey's milk chocolate bar with Reese's Pieces in it making it a new variety of the chocolate bar I grew up with a kid. If you've been reading this blog for a while, you know that I love chocolate and peanut butter and that I also grew up eating Reese's products often. However, to be honest, I prefer the M&M peanut butter candies versus Reese's because they are more chocolaty flavored and less sweet. Thus, I did worry about this bar becoming too sweet and less chocolatey. Keep reading to learn about my experience with this bar. Neither Kroger, Hershey, nor Reese's expected me to do this feature article about them so beyond the free bar, no other form of compensation was received for my honest descriptions below.

Hershey's Reese's Pieces Bar

I looked up how this new variety compares to the current Hershey's Milk Chocolate bar nutritionally and they are very close in all categories. The candies are visible from the top and the bottom of the bar as the above photo shows. It still has that Hershey milk chocolate scent but the peanut butter is definitely there when I take a whiff of the bar. The sections still snap apart easily, the mini pieces break clearly apart when they cross the sectional lines. When I put one section into my mouth and chew I get a crunch sound and a crispy texture with chew. The initial flavor is that milk chocolate but the peanut butter and sweet candy coating builds up with each chew to be the final flavor.

The chocolate flavor almost makes it to the end so I think I'd love this bar in their special dark version. I hope they make one so I can try it out.

Have you tried it? What did you think? Leave me a comment and let me know.

Comments